Page last modified: August 02, 2004
Background Sources for CP by Author
- Bernhardt, B.H. & Stemberger, J.P. (2000). Workbook in Nonlinear Phonology for Clinical Application. Austin, TX: Pro-Ed.
- Blake, J. & Quartaro, G. (1990). Manual for recording, transcribing, and analyzing preschool children's speech samples. York University Dept. of Psychology Report No. 189.
- Blake, J., Quartaro, G. & Onorati, S. (1993). Evaluating quantitative measures of grammatical complexity in spontaneous speech samples. Journal of Child Language, 20, 139152.
- Bloom, L. & Lahey, M. (1978). Language Development and Language Disorders. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Bloom, L., Lahey, M., Hood, L., Lifter, K., & Fiess, K. (1980). Complex sentences: Acquisition of syntactic connectives and the semantic relations they encode. Journal of Child Language, 7, 235-261.
- Crystal, D. (1979). Working With LARSP. London: Edward Arnold.
- Crystal, D. (1981). Clinical Linguistics. New York: Springer-Verlag.
- Crystal, D. (1982). Profiling Linguistic Disability. London: Edward Arnold.
- Crystal, D. (1988). Rediscover Grammar. Essex: Longman.
- Crystal, D., Fletcher, P., & Garman, M. (1989). Grammatical Analysis of Language Disability. 2nd edition. London: Cole & Whurr.
- Fey, M.E. (1986). Language Intervention with Young Children. Boston: College-Hill Press.
- Fletcher, P. & Garman, M. (1988). LARSPing by numbers. British Journal of Disorders of Communication,23, 309-321.
- Fletcher, P. (1985). A Child's Learning of English. New York: Basil Blackwell.
- Grunwell, P. (1987). Clinical Phonology. Second edition. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins.
- Hodson, B. (2004). Hodson Assessment of Phonological Patterns-Third Edition. Austin, TX: Pro-Ed.
- Ingram, D. (1981). Procedures for the Phonological Analysis of Children's Language. Baltimore, MD: University Park Press.
- Ingram, D. & Ingram, K.D. (2001). A whole-word approach to phonological analysis and intervention. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 32, 271-283.
- Johnston, J.R. & Kamhi, A.G. (1984). Syntactic and semantic aspects of the utterances of language-impaired children: The same can be less. Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 30, 65-86.
- Kamhi, A.G. & Johnston, J.R. (1992). Semantic assessment: Determining propositional complexity. In J.S. Damico (Ed.), Best Practices in School Speech-Language Pathology, Volume 2. San Antonio TX: The Psychological Corporation.
- Lahey, M. (1988). Language Disorders and Language Development. New York: Macmillan.
- Lee, L. (1974). Developmental Sentence Analysis. Evanston, IL: Northwestern University Press.
- Lee, L.L., Koenigsknecht, R.A., & Mulhern, S.T. (1975). Interactive Language Development Teaching. Evanston, IL: Northwestern University Press.
- Lewis, R.E. & Penn, C. (1990). Language Therapy: A Program to Teach English. San Diego: Singular Publishing.
- Lively, M.A. (1984). Developmental sentence scoring: Common scoring errors. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 15, 154-168.
- Lund, N.J. & Duchan, J.F. (1988). Assessing Childrenís Language in Naturalistic Contexts. Second Edition. Englewood Cliffs NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Miller, J.F. (1981). Assessing Language Production in Children. Baltimore, MD: University Park Press.
- Nelson, K. (1973). Structure and strategy in learning to talk. Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development, 38 (Series No. 141).
- Nelson, N.W. (1998). Childhood Language Disorders in Context: Infancy Through Adolescence. 2nd Edition. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Nelson, N.W. & Hyter, Y. (1990, November). Black English sentence scoring: Development and use as a tool for non-biased assessment. Short course presented at the annual convention of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Seattle, WA.
- Paul, R. & Jennings, P. (1992). Phonological behavior in toddlers with slow expressive language development. Journal of Speech and Hearing Research, 35, 99-107.
- Quirk, R. & Greenbaum, S. (1973). A Concise Grammar of Contemporary English. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
- Shriberg, L.D. & Kwiatkowski, J. (1982). Phonologic disorders III: A procedure for assessing severity of involvement. Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders,47, 256-270.
- Shriberg, L.D., Kwiatkowski, J., Best, S., Hengst, J. & Terselic-Weber, B. (1986). Characteristics of children with phonologic disorders of unknown origin. Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders, 51,140-161.
- Ward, E. & Fisher, J. (1990). A picture-elicited screening procedure. Child Language Teaching and Therapy, 6,147-159.
Copyright © 2008 Steven Long. All rights reserved.